- This event has passed.
Lunch with a Lawyer: What Business Structure is Best for Your Business?
March 22 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the UAH SBDC and attorney George Smith for this in-depth webinar addressing a multitude of important topics regarding legal entities and other important decisions you will need to make as a new business owner.
Our discussion will cover legal formation for startups, including:
- LLCs, Partnerships, S-Corporations, C-Corporations
- Federal Employer Identification Numbers (FEIN)
- Other regulatory filings
We will also discuss:
- The vision you have for your business, especially regarding its size and the proposed number of employees
- Legal restrictions and the level of control you wish to have over your business
- The level of “structure” that works best for you, the type of business you plan to operate, and whether you plan to sell to the government.
- The business’s vulnerability to lawsuits
- The tax implications of the different ownership structure