Spanish for the Workplace at Snead State Community College
October 3 @ 1:00 pm - October 19 @ 5:00 pm
Spanish for the Workplace
Cost: $450 per person, per class
Deadline to enroll: September 19, 2023
October 3 – 19, 2023 Tuesdays/Thursdays, – 1:00-5:00pm
October 24 – November 9, 2023 Tuesdays/Thursdays, – 1:00 – 5:00pm
Instructor: Dean Anderson
Location: Technology Center, Room 100
This course provides immediate access to functional, work-specific Spanish language skills for
non-Spanish-speaking supervisors. The language component addresses the most common and
important Spanish language commands, statements, questions, and phrases pertinent to daily
interactions between supervisors and Spanish-speaking workers at industrial sites, manufacturing
plants, and warehouses.
This course provides training to include work-specific Spanish language questions, commands,
statements, and phrases for use in a human resources setting.
• Routine Employment, Medical, & Safety Issues • Forklift Operations
• Work Rules & Regulations • Loading & Unloading
• Control & Command for Site Supervisors • Quality Control
• Maintenance Phrases • And more……
• Initial Contact & Making Appointments • Job Requirements & Offer of Employment
• Job Application & Orientation • Drug Testing Statements
• Personal & Medical Information • Layoffs & Terminations
• Employment History & Education Background • Dealing with Disgruntled Employees
• Employee Evaluation • And more…..
• Corrective Action Process
Contact the Workforce Development Office for more information and to request a link for registration.
Cherri Barnard, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Teresa Walker, email@example.com