December 1, 2020 – The Lake Guntersville Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce a second round of COVID-19 Community Care Fund small business grants. This program is led by TVA providing matching grant funds to support and partner with local power companies to meet needs in communities during this crisis. The Chamber received $5,000 from TVA and $2,500 from both the Guntersville Electric Board and the Guntersville Water & Sewer Board.
The Chamber will accept applications beginning December 1st and continue through December 15 at noon. Factors determining the grant allocation included: how the funds would be spent; sustainability of the business; and how the business adapted and demonstrated innovation during this time. To access the application click on the link below.
COVID-19 Business & Community Resources
- Office of the Governor COVID19 Updates
- For COVID-19 testing sites and hours of operation, call the ADPH 24-hour hotline at 1-888-264-2256
- ADPH – Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) Coronavirus Disease
- COVID-19-Related Emergency Actions of Alabama State Agencies
- Department of Labor Unemployment Benefits FAQ
- Alabama workers who are not able to work due to COVID-19 will be eligible to file for unemployment benefits
- Disaster Loan Assistance (Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Alabama District Office
- Better Business Bureau Information on Scams related to COVID-19
- CDC – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- CDC – What to do if you are sick
- CDC – How to Protect Yourself